Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Friendship Blanket

I decided to add a section to the blog that is all about the things I knit and crochet, which are not doll related. I thought it would be nice to have this section, especially for people who are not on ravelry, and therefore can't see my designs that are not for the dolls, but instead are for us humans 😊

You will find pictures of the items here, as well as the written patterns. Links to the pdf file and to ravelry, in case you do have an account there, can be found at the end of the post.

Please note: My patterns are free for everyone to enjoy, but in return I would like to ask you to give me credit. You are not allowed to sell the patterns or to claim them as your own, but you are allowed to sell any of the finished projects you make with my patterns.

With this in mind have fun, and happy crocheting and knitting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friendship Blanket

This is an easy to crochet blanket, which you can make in any color combinations you can possibly think of. It is a great project for a beginner crocheter, but as with all blankets, it will take some time and patience to finish.

The name "Friendship Blanket" was given to it by a dear friend, whom I made the blanket for as a surprise for Christmas 2021.

It is recommended that you read entirely through the pattern before starting with it. If you have any questions of comments, please feel free to contact me.

Have fun, and happy crocheting!






Supplies

~ Worsted Weight yarn, medium 4-ply, any four colors you want

~ Size 5.5 mm crochet hook

~ Yarn needle


Notes

~ I used Mainstays Acrylic 100% yarn in the colors pink, purple, yellow, and teal; approximately 3 skeins of each color.

~ The blanket is worked in panels, which are then sewn together.

~ When changing colors, join the new color by completing the final pull-through of the previous stitch by using the new color. Don't forget to cross your yarn strands to avoid holes.

~ The chain 2 at the end of each row does not count as a double crochet in the next row.

~ The blanket is 75.5 inches wide and 82 inches long.


This is the graph for the blanket


Instructions

~ Chain 15 in pink, add teal and chain 17.

~ Row 1 - double crochet in third teal chain from hook, double crochet 14 more stitches in teal, switch to pink and double crochet 15 stitches, chain 2, turn.

~ Work the graph shown above, repeat the rows, and alternate colors until you have 7 pink blocks finished. I used pink as my guide to see how many more blocks I need until the panel is finished. Add 6 rows of purple on top, and on the other side finish the 12th row of yellow.

~ You need to work 15 stitches and 12 rows per block.

~ Make 8 panels and sew them together. I added the newest one as soon as I finished it, so I didn't have all that sewing to do at the end.

~ Add a border by using each color used in the blanket. I used pink first, purple second, yellow third, and teal as the final round of my border. Crochet 4 double crochet in each corner stitch in every border row.

~ Weave in all ends.


~ Click HERE for the direct pdf file ~

~ Click HERE to get the pdf file on ravelry ~

❤ Jo Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment