Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Granny Square Car Blanket

I decided to add a section to the blog that is all about the things I knit and crochet, which are not doll related. I thought it would be nice to have this section, especially for people who are not on ravelry, and therefore can't see my designs that are not for the dolls, but instead are for us humans 😊

You will find pictures of the items here, as well as the written patterns. Links to the pdf file and to ravelry, in case you do have an account there, can be found at the end of the post.

Please note: My patterns are free for everyone to enjoy, but in return I would like to ask you to give me credit. You are not allowed to sell the patterns or to claim them as your own, but you are allowed to sell any of the finished projects you make with my patterns.

With this in mind have fun, and happy crocheting and knitting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Granny Square Car Blanket







Could it get any girlier than this? 😂


I made a blanket to cover the backseat of my car, including the backrest. There is really not a pattern for this blanket, but I will give you a few simple instructions.

I used Red Heart Super Saver Metallic yarn in the colors Fuchsia and Black/Gold and a size 5.5 mm crochet hook. Of course you can use any worsted weight yarn in any color you choose.

All you need to do is make a solid Granny Square with eight rounds in Fuchsia, and two rounds in Black/Gold. Make as many squares as you need to cover the backseat of your car. I made 25 squares altogether.

If you don't know how to make a Granny Square, there are lots of instructions to be found online.

Whipstitch the squares together in Black/Gold.

I did not add a border since I like the blanket the way it is, without one.

In order to prevent the blanket from sliding down the backrest, I threaded some thin black elastic through several of the shells, tied it in a knot, and slipped it over the head rests.

It is important that you keep measuring your completed squares to the backseat of your own vehicle because each one is different in size. The blanket I made fits perfectly in the backseat of my 2021 Buick Encore GX.

Have fun, and happy crocheting!


~ Click HERE to see my car blanket project page on ravelry ~

❤ Jo Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment